If you are looking for my blog titled, The Contemplative Catholic Convert, you are at the right spot.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

By Name

According to my internet search, on July 1, 2009, the world's population stood at 6,768,167,712.

I cannot conceive of that kind of number.

Nor can I conceive of the idea that, among six billion, seven hundred sixty-eight million, one hundred and sixty-seven thousand, seven hundred and twelve. God actually knows . . . . . me.

Not a hair falls out of my scalp without Him seeing it. A word doesn't cross my mind that He didn't already know about it. And not a tear fills my eye that His hand isn't already poised to wipe it away.

It is thoughts like this that remind me of the text in Isaiah: Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine (Isaiah 43).

God knows me by name.

And so, also, He knows you, too.

No comments: