If you are looking for my blog titled, The Contemplative Catholic Convert, you are at the right spot.

Monday, February 6, 2012

Nausea

But because thou art lukewarm,
and neither cold, not hot,
I will begin to vomit thee out of my mouth.
(Revelation 3:16,
Catholic Douay-Rheims Bible)


I have
for years
held an intellectual understanding
of the Lord’s rebuke
of the lukewarm Laodecian church.

But my understanding
of late
has undergone
a transformation.

The intellectual has become visceral.

It happened as I suddenly awoke
to the speed at which
moral decay is sweeping our land,
putrefication so noxious
it surely stinks
to the highest heaven.

While all the while
the hand-wringing,
speeches and statements
of churchmen and women
of all labels,
but especially of leaders
appointed by God
to lead His flock . . . .

While all the while the Church,
except for rare exceptions–
remains stunningly silent,
willfully impotent,
and spinelessly unwilling
to mount an offense neither for God,
nor for His sheep.

I understand the Lord’s nausea
over a lukewarm Church.

I’m a little nauseous myself.

No comments: